Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I left my heart in Haiti.

I love these kids with all my heart.  Two weeks ago I was able to visit them for the third time in my life, and I know it will definitely not be my last time.  I seem to fall more in love with the people of Haiti each and every time I visit.  This time, I was able to bring my dear friend, Cara, with me.  It was incredible being able to relive my first experience going to Haiti through her.  She connected with these kids instantly; it was such a beautiful thing to see.  One of my highlights from the trip was, while putting on VBS for the kids, Cara and I got to perform our dance (see below.)

Although this video doesn't show it, after the dance, the kids started chanting "Again! Again!".  It was an overwhelming experience that I will definitely never forget.  Cara and I feel so blessed.  


Another highlight was going to the beach.  That was just plain fun.